2008年11月17日月曜日

Death and Funerals

homework #2

1. Death and Funerals

a. Do you have any international friends or a host family? Is so, how would you express your condolences to them if a family member died? If not, then how would you express cindolences to an American host family if their Grandmother died?

I would express condolences to an American host family if their grandmother died "I'm sorry heard about that. Please allow me to extend my deepest condolences on your grandmother".

b. Have you ever been to a foreign funeral?

I never been to a foreign funeral.

2. The language of Clothes

a. Why are Japanese designer label crazy?

I think Japanese designer label is not crazy. But, compare to foreign famous designers, the label is showed completely different.

-Why is what you wear so important?

I think to wear is part of personal identity. People wear a lot of clothes depending on the situations. For example, wear a suit and tie at work, dress up at the party.

b. What does "Don't judge a book by it's cover." mean to you?

I think it means "don't judged by one's appearances"!

5 件のコメント:

coconut さんのコメント...

I think it means "don't judged by one's appearances", too.

no.1-jm さんのコメント...

yes, I think so.
Clothes what you chose is your today's mood or personality.
it's not evrything to judge the person,but It's so important.

Charlotte さんのコメント...

I also think our clothes show our indentities. So clothes are so important.

bettyboop さんのコメント...

I think so, too.
TPO is very important!

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

Good discussion! What is TPO? I must be getting old! Good answers.