2009年2月2日月曜日

Class #10 Table Manners

1. Have you ever eaten in a foreign restaurant?

Yes, I have eaten in a foreign restaurant.

2. Where?

A pub in Britain.

3. What did you eat?

I ate "fish & chips" and "chicken tikka masala". That was a good meal!

4. Did you make any mistakes?
Please Explain your experience.

Yes, in Japanese restaurant, we usually wait to get into a restaurant, and the waiter direct us to a seat, then they take orders to our table.
But in Britain is not, we have to go the bar counter to order before get a seat, and pay a bill on ahead. At first, I didn't know anything so I used to look around.
British pub opens during the day, so it looks like a restaurant. Some pubs is offering breakfast and lunch, therefore pub is not only where people go out to for some drinks!

5. Did you learn anything?

I have never been to expensive restaurants in foreign country, so I have not as yet a big mistakes about table manner.
I learned a lot of table manners, I put the lessons to good use when I go abroad.

2 件のコメント:

Back Near さんのコメント...

I also think Fish&chips is veeeery delicious!! But, I don't kow the way eat that when I eat that. Chicken is a little stiff... How do you eat chicken beautifully??

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

You eat checken with your fingers, but really it depends on the style of chicken, fried (hands) in masala sauce, fork and knife. Good comments!